When a tooth is damaged but not lost, a crown can be used to restore its appearance, shape, strength and size to fill the area of need. Also referred as ‘’Cap’’ the Crown will help protect the tooth moving forward while acting like your natural tooth.
Why would a dental crown be needed?
A dental crown can be used in the following situations:
- To restore a broken tooth or has been severely worn down
- To protect a weak tooth (from decay) from breaking or holding together parts of the cracked tooth
- To cover a dental implant
- To cover discolored teeth
- To support and cover a tooth with a filling when there isn’t much tooth left
- To hold a dental bridge in place
At Victoria Park Dental, we only use materials for crowns that will provide lasting long-term benefits. Our goal is to give the best cosmetic results to our patients.
What are Bridges ?
If you are missing one or more teeth, you may notice a difference in chewing and speaking. A good quality dental bridge can serve as a valuable solution. Not only will it help fulfill that smile again, they also help prevent serious issues from developing with tooth lost. The bridge can help your teeth from shifting and provide the support for a healthy jaw function.
Most bridges are fixed prosthetic devices that are cemented on existing teeth or implants and can only be removed by a dentist. These teeth, often called abutments serve as anchors for the bridge. A replacement tooth, called pontic, is attached to the crowns that cover the abutments.
What are the benefits of dental Bridges?
Bridges will help:
- Restore the ability to properly speak and chew
- Reestablish your natural smile
- Maintain the shape of your face
- Prevent your teeth from moving out of position
- Distributing the forces of the bite properly